The winter continues to stay becoming an unwelcome guest, as spring continues to tease me every few days with a hint of what's to come. I grow weary, as I continue to bundle up, putting on gloves, hat and boots to go outside. Will it ever end, the heavy skies, dark and droopy contribute to my feeling the same way.
A crocus found its way up out of the snow and blessed my soul with the expectancy of what's to come. A light in the darkness, a fragrance. A promise and hope.
My husband and I watched a disturbing documentary last night called Southern Comfort. Neither one of us ordered it and question why Netflix sent it. Have to wonder if we were meant to watch it as neither one of us would have ordered it.
The movie chronicled the last year in the life of Robert Eads who was a female-to-male transsexual dying of Ovarian cancer. As difficult as it was for us to watch we felt there was a deeper purpose in viewing it.
The tragedy of this subculture of struggling individuals was overwhelming. Lost and broken, they were banished and shamed searching for love, validation and purpose in their lives. They founds others like themselves and attempted to knit a family. In their brokenness they established relationships trying to redefine love and intimacy. They believed the lies of the enemy that they were un loveable and unacceptable. Most were even rejected by their biological families.
In one scene a woman was talking about being afraid of the local church, that the church members would burn their home and belonging and then praise God that they had destroyed evil.
I do not embrace this life-style choice, it is sin. But, just as overeating, judging others and not loving others as Christ loves us is sin, we all sin and fall short of Gods glory.
How do we love these individuals that we judge and banish? How would Jesus love them? Its a hard question. I struggle with loving people that treat me unfairly at work, drivers who tailgate me and cut me off in traffic. So, how do I love those who seem so much more lost and broken, who really need to have Gods love and hope shown to them?
I can't, but only the Christ who lives in me can. Help me Jesus to lay my judgements at your feet and allow your love to flow out of me so others can come to know you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Katscove,
What a beautiful review of the documentary. You have brought an essence of love and understanding to a subject that is shunned by so many. I, myself, am guilty of looking in disgust and shame at perversion. Thank you for opening my eyes and heart to WWJD. Oft times it takes viewing something through someone else's eyes to see what is restricted through our own. Thank you for my "new" vision.
You are truly a beautiful person inside to be so open-minded and loving.
I have bookmarked your blog and will visit often.
God bless you.
Karyl
<*////><
Thanks Karyl for your comment and encouragement.
I, like so many others am new to this blogging. It is scary to put my thoughts "out-there" for others to read but challenging at the same time. I'm not sure how often I will be posting but look forward to when you post.
God's blessings on you
Katrina
Katrina,
Wow! Great first post. I'll add Katscove to my favorites!
Tuesday, April 15th's post, "My Prayer-Let Me Show Love", on Plant Lady's Ponderings, is about a song on the CD "Sacred Spaces", by Steve Amerson, that speaks to the need for each of us to show love, unconditionally, like Jesus.
If you go to my blog and read the words to the song, you will see how well it relates to the topic of your post, "A Time of change: Seasons and Attitudes."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I'll be looking for more from katscove!
Blessings to You!
Plant Lady
Post a Comment