Monday, September 8, 2008

Walking for AIDS



Last Saturday my husband and I got up early and drove to downtown Denver to walk for AIDS. It was quite an experience. We have walked for the March of Dimes several times but this was the first time for HIV.
Our church has a ministry called HIV Care-Link. The director has HIV and a wonderful heart for Jesus. He is the main reason that we became involved with the walk. So many people have been affected by this horrible disease. Also inspiring were the AIDS quilts that have been made in memory of those who have died with the disease. It touched our hearts reading all the thoughts and prayers loved ones had written.
Blessings to all
Katrina

9 comments:

debrah said...

Hi Katrina:
It is great that both you and your husband were able to participate-what a great ministry team you have- it is sometimes difficult to get people to gather together for prayer...never mind to walk...although we do have a few who walk for a cause - it is more often as an individual...
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah
P.S. I live in Long Island N.Y.
I do not drive and this is not a very pedestrian friendly town...

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Katrina,
Great to see a post from you and what great reason to post. Nice picture of you and Hubby and looks to be a nice day for such a walk. I did a walk too many years ago for MDA. It's a very rewarding experience.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Lynn

Plant Lady said...

Katrina,
It looks like you had a great day for the walk. I haven't participated in a walk since my teenage years. Our youth group at church did a walk annually for Cystic Fibrosis and we would walk about five miles. I remember it well, don't know if I could do it with as much ease as I did years ago or not. Probably not.

Blessings~
Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

What a tribute to the Heavenly Father. He loves everybody no matter what is wrong with them or what they do. We could all take a lesson from you and your husband.
God bless,
AliceE.

Amy said...

Hi Katrina!

What an awesome thing for your husband and you to both get to participate in together; it is such a blessing, amen?:)

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words to me. I do love my husband, and we both give God all the credit for where we are today.

I pray that you have a blessed week ahead!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Hi
It was so nice to hear from you. Ya worry is a hard one not to partake of.
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs and Blessings,
Lynn

debrah said...

Thinking of you and hope you had a great thanksgiving.
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah

debrah said...

Thinking of you today-Be Blessed in the Love of the Lord.
Debrahr

Plant Lady said...

Hi Katrina!

What a surprise! I'm like you, not having checked or done any new blogging for quite a while. It does seem like a lifetime!

Everyone thought I was gone for good! I'm not posting as frequently as I did. Keep checking back. You might just "happen" upon one of my stories.

Great to hear from you!

Blessings,
Plant Lady